Better for your pocketbook.
To earn the ENERGY STAR, homes must meet strict guidelines for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These homes include energy-saving features that typically make them 20-30% more efficient than standard homes.
At Foxwood Builders all of the homes we build are ENERGY STAR 3.0 Certified. We adhere to the latest EPA guidelines and in many cases exceed their requirements to build high-performance homes. The result is more energy efficient, healthier, and environmentally friendly homes.
Our ENERGY STAR 3.0 Certified homes are up to 50% more efficient than standard homes. They include a variety of ‘tried-and-true’ energy-efficient features that contribute to improved home quality and homeowner comfort, lower energy demand, and reduced air pollution. Examples of these features include:
- Effective insulation in the crawlspace and house to maintain even temperatures
- High-performance Low-E, argon gas filled windows
- Tight construction to reduce air infiltration, drafts, mold, dust, pollen and noise
- High-efficiency tankless water heater units
- Mechanical fresh air ventilation and filtering systems
- High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment to improve comfort in the home
- Energy Star qualified appliances, fans, and efficient CFL lighting
- Third-party verification and on-site testing to insure guidelines are met
Click here to learn more about ENERGY STAR.