Better for the environment.
Green building combines design and construction strategies that significantly reduce the negative environmental impacts of a home and the home building process. Building green means evaluating the home, the construction process and materials, and the home’s relation with the environment.
Green homes have many benefits including reduced energy and water consumption, improved indoor air quality, and increased durability and comfort. For homeowners this means significantly reduced utility bills, a more comfortable and healthy home, and reduced home maintenance costs.
At Foxwood Builders our green built homes start with an efficient, practical design that is built to the latest ENERGY STAR guidelines. We then go above and beyond the ENERGY STAR qualification by incorporating the EPA Indoor airPLUS requirements to build a healthier home. We use locally manufactured products whenever possible to reduce shipping, lowering fossil fuel consumption and carbon emissions. Green materials and processes used in the construction of our homes include:
- 90% compact fluorescent lighting (CFL)
- Low VOC emmission tile and paint
- Carpeting made from recycled milk jugs
- Insulation containing post-consumer recycled glass content
- Drought tolerant plant materials
- Advanced framing to reduce lumber usage and improve insulating efficiency
- Other products containing recycled content and low VOC’s
This is the Foxwood Advantage™. High-performance homes that meet your lifestyle needs, are energy efficient, and are better for your health and the environment. Contact us today to learn how Foxwood Builders can help build the home of your dreams!